Giving Tuesday may be over – but you can still make a gift to UMW and benefit from some of the following end-of-year Giving and Tax Benefits:
- The CARES Act passed in 2020 included several charitable tax provisions to encourage giving. These provisions have been extended for 2021.
- If you itemize on your 2021 tax return, take advantage of the CARES Act provision that allows you to deduct up to 100% of your annual adjusted gross income (AGI) for cash contributions to public charities.
- If you do not itemize, you still can claim a special “above-the-line” deduction on your 2021 tax return that reduces your taxable income prior to the calculation of AGI. This universal deduction under the CARES Act is valued up to $300.
- If you have a Donor Advised Fund (DAF) and wish to help us this year, you can make a gift from your DAF to support our work without affecting your personal financial security. Check with your financial or tax advisor for your best year-end giving strategies.
- To learn more about giving opportunities, contact UMW Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-654-1024.